“Is there a God?”, “Does God exist?” These are the questions that people have wrestled with for generations. The truth is that no one can ever know for sure until they die or have a personal encounter with God themselves.
We can argue and present evidence for or against God’s existence until the cows come home. Yet, each of us have a mind, will, and emotions. What we accept intellectually may be the very opposite of what our heart or conscious feels.
On the other hand, what we feel is right may not make sense to us, logically.
As children many of us grew-up believing in fairy tales based, in large part, on our feelings. As we got a little older suddenly the ideas behind the fairy tales clashed with reality.
Through the years, many of us may have been taught:
- God exists
- we were created by God
- we must do God’s will
- God will judge us when we die.
Yet, as we progressed through school, science classes basically taught us that the atheist perspective is the only logical way to go. Although those of us who dove deep into the arguments against Evolution (the modern basis behind atheistic beliefs) found that their was a lot of holes and lack of real scientific evidence backing these beliefs.
Charles Darwin, for example, glaring through primitive microscopes by candlelight, suggested that everything derives from simple cells. Modern DNA research tells us that there is nothing simple about our cells. Each cell contains more complex information than many libraries.
The Atheistic beliefs, however, are more politically correct in the scientific world and any scientist that dare say otherwise is banned from popular scientific periodicals. And many who present evidence to discredit Evolution are labelled “misguided.” Plus, most of the popular press and media outlets refuse to present the evidence for any belief other than for Evolution.
So how are we to know any different than what we are told?
Faith, the Bible, and God are seemingly brushed off to the side that separates not only church and state, but church and society, in general.
Note: I am not trying to make a political statement. This is just the reality that we live in.
How, then, can a person make a public profession of faith in God without seeming foolish? The Bible, however, literally teaches in Psalm 14:1 that “The fool has said in his heart. There is no God…” Basically, if we look at any man-made structure, we realize that it was designed and built with a purpose. We see design.
Now look at natural structures:
- Look in the mirror
- look at trees and flowers
- look at bees and insects
- the nose for breathing
- the mouth for speaking, eating, and breathing
- the trees for shade and structure for living creatures
- the plants for food and medicine
- the bees to pollinate plants and flowers
- You ask Jesus to come into your life and be Lord.
- Forgive your sins; Repent from those serious sins that you already know are wrong.
- Denounce Satan, the world and all evil.
- Ask for the Holy Spirit to come into your life and fill your heart.
- talking to Him (like you would another person whom you highly respect, but allows you to be open and honest).
- Rest in prayer, as you are in His presence
- Start your day and end your day with prayer believing that God in Heaven is listening to you.