Jesus spoke these noted words to His disciples after they were astonished when He spoke to them concerning the difficulty of a rich man entering the Kingdom of Heaven. What they did not know was that He was trying to relay to them about the possibilities in God to reach man.
It was not that it is impossible for a rich man on earth to enter into Heaven, the point was that it is very difficult for people attached to worldly pleasures and worldly desires to enter in. None-the-less, there have always been rich men and women of faith.
In fact, many of the great Patriarchs of old were rich. Abraham was wealthy and he had such extraordinary faith that God based our salvation on Abraham’s type of faith. Issac, Abraham’s son was, also, rich. Job the great suffering servant of God was a prince in his region. Job started out wealthy, but later, as he showed His loyalty to God, God made Him extremely wealthy.
But why would Jesus, speaking earlier in the text, proclaim,
“And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (Matt. 19:24).
He seemed to want to show His disciples the need for man to rely on the vast possibilities in God. Since sin greatly limits man’s ability to reach God on his own, God must reach mankind!
How does God bridge the impossible gap that sin has placed between Him and man?
- He has allowed man to be considered righteous, not based on his own holiness, but based on man’s faith in God through Christ Jesus to make him righteous.
- He has given those who believe in His special provision (which is His Son Jesus) the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit personally comforts, guides, and anoints believers to be able to live a pleasing life for God as long as they daily surrender to His guidance.
More than God making salvation possible to those who believe (that by itself is enough), there are even more possibilities in God:
- God brings Divine healing to the bodies, minds, and emotions of those who believe
- God will deliver from addictions- to drugs, alcohol, perversion of all kinds.
- God will miraculously supply the financial needs of those believers who dare to trust Him for it.
- God brings ingenious ideas that has revolutionized society.
The truth is, we must enter into the flow of God by meditating and focusing at least once daily on the possibilities in God. As we become more in tune with the Spirit of God than unusual faith begins to develop.
All of a sudden we can believe God for anything!
Now we can are able to enter the making-the-impossible-possible-zone. We can have access to the Possibilities in God! A-men